It’s Monday. That calls for chocolate. And peanut butter. In the form of the most.addicting.treat you’re going to come across. Probably ever. Do I exaggerate? No. Have I EVER exaggerated? No.
(Says the Irish girl who exaggerates everything.)
Buuuut it’s true. If you’ve never had these before, you need to make them immediately. I adore this treat. I first had them in kindergarten when our teacher convinced us it was puppy chow, and I remember thinking, “I need to eat dog food every day for the rest of my life.” Twenty-odd years later, I’m still not convinced I shouldn’t be eating this for every meal.
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Yields: About enough to fill a 13″x9″ pan.
Recipe from: Chex