Guys. You guys. This casserole…is to die for. Warm, gooey, cheesy, comforting — all the things a breakfast casserole should be. Or not breakfast! Serve it anytime of day. You totally could. I won’t judge.
I brought this in for Breakfast Tuesdays — a fun little tradition we have going at the office where people take turns providing breakfast once a week — and I was
freakingoutneuroticwhatthehellshouldimake a little nervous to cook something I’d never made before and serve it to my entire office, especially when some of them know about this little ol’ blog. But lemme tell you…it has earned seriously rave reviews. Like, really. It’s really good.
The best part? It’s six ingredients and two dishes. I mean, you just can’t beat that. I assembled the casserole the night before, stuck it in the fridge, and then baked it for an hour in the morning.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces cooked, diced ham
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix hash browns, ham, cream of potato soup, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese. Spread evenly into prepared dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (I saved a little cheddar to sprinkle on top as well).
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Serve immediately.
*If you don’t plan to bake immediately, cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight (you could probably even make 2 days ahead of time, if need be).
Yields: 12 servings
Recipe from: All Recipes