I actually feel a little guilty for posting this recipe.
Number one, because we all know how I feel about salads, and if you’re anything like me, then landing on this little blog and finding only salad seems a little, well, anticlimactic.
Also, there’s nothing novel about the salad. I didn’t even make the dressing from scratch.
And now, if you’re even still reading after THAT special intro, you’re wondering why you should even make this salad. Well, I have to be honest….it’s….um….really good. First, my coworker suggested I share it on the blog. Yes, I was actually eating salad for lunch at work by choice. Nearly every. single. day. For 2 weeks straight. What the hell is wrong with me? Oh, I remember…it’s called cellulite.
Then I brought it to a BBQ at a girlfriend’s house and it kinda knocked her socks off too. And finally, I made it along with my flank steak recipe for the bachelorette party this weekend, and it earned seriously rave reviews.
So here I am. Sharing with you a salad. Will you forgive me if I promise to share a recipe for cookies or french fries or something really fattening next time?
- 3 cups of spinach, stems removed if desired
- 10 strawberries, washed with stems removed
- 1/2 c. of blueberries, washed
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced into large chunks
- 1/4 c. of nuts for garnishing. I prefer candied pecans or sliced almonds, both of which you can find in the salad/produce section of the grocery store
- Simply Dressed Pomegranate salad dressing — you can find this in the refrigerated salad dressing section of QFC
- You could also add cheese — I hear goat cheese would be good on this but I can’t stand the stuff so I’ll take my salad cheese-less, thank you very much
Now for the hard part. Just kiddin. This isn’t hard at all and I actually feel a little silly typing out instructions but I’ll do it anyway because I love y’all that much.
Find a medium salad bowl and add your spinach. Slice your strawberries thinly on top of the spinach. Add the blueberries, avocado, and nuts. Drizzle with salad dressing immediately before serving.
Yields: 2-3 servings
Recipe From: Yours truly